As anyone who has read my posts before probably knows, I love roasted veggies. Sometimes, though, I mix things up. With this soup, I used the flavors of roasted veggies to create a delicious and nutritious soup. Honestly, the hardest part of this is fitting all the great ingredients in your blender.
1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
3 tbs evoo
1 cup roasted red peppers
1/2 cup chickpeas
1 cup onions
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1 tbs hot sauce (I used Sriracha but any will do)
3 cups skim or 2% milk
Salt and pepper to taste (I think I used about 3 tsp of each, but I pretty much just added until I liked the flavor)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Drizzle evoo over squash on a roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix to fully coat each cube. (If you bought a whole squash, peel and cube it prior to this). Roast until squash is tender, about 25-30 min.
2. Heat a sautee pan and add 1 tbs evoo. Slice onion. Add onions when oil is hot, as well as a pinch of salt and pepper. Caramelize the onions (cook them until they are soft and slightly browned, about 15 min). Set aside.
3. Add whole peeled cloves of garlic to squash pan with about 15-20 min of roasting left.
4. Remove squash from oven and let cool.
5. Combine all ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth. Add more milk for a more liquid consistency. This recipe makes A LOT for one person, so get ready to enjoy some soup!!